This Friday is a Kitchen Favorites party over at 33 Shades of Green. Tell us about one of the favorite things in your kitchen and add your link. I thought I would share my own love for my panini maker.
For a while now I’ve been compiling a list in my head of some simple things I’ve done that have made life for me and my family easier and generally more enjoyable. Some of them are things that you can buy, and some of them are not. But all of them are things that I thought it might be worth sharing, especially with the holiday season approaching. And because folks might be thinking about things to buy right about now, I thought I’d start with the things you can, in fact, purchase.
- Sharp cheddar cheese and salsa
- Sharp cheddar cheese, black beans and sour cream
- Mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil
- Mozzarella with pesto
- Cream cheese, feta and red pepper slices (This is especially yummy if you have fresh dill or other fresh herbs to sprinkle on)
- Mozzarella and pizza sauce (left over from pizza night)
- Hummus spread and veggies
- Swiss cheese with prosciutto (my husband’s favorite)
- Your very own favorite yummy cheese spread of any variety (There are countless to choose from at a place like Lotsa Pasta in Louisville, one of which I swear was called simply, “Yummy Cheese Spread)
Other ideas that I have not yet tried:
- Tapenade: I have an especially delicious tapenade recipe, and I think this would be good with just about any kind of cheese
- Nutella: My stepdaughter loves nutella, and this thought occurred to me when we first got the panini maker, but I haven’t tried it out yet. I believe the dessert possibilities of the panini maker are as yet untapped, but possibly endless.
- A breakfast panini: Maybe with scrambled eggs or bacon
- Turkey sandwich: Well, Thanksgiving is coming up, and my husband and I get a local bird which I eat, so I’m thinking there will be many leftover turkey sandwich possibilities this year.